Sunday, June 9, 2013

May 2013 Wittlebee Review


Last month I signed up for a kids clothing subscription box called, Wittlebee. For $44.99 (I used a half off coupon as this price is a little steep for this consignment/thrift shopper) a month you are sent a box with six items of clothing in the gender and size(they carry 0-3 mos through size 6) you specify when signing up. Wittlebee has actually changed things up a little in the last few months. You are now able to choose three of your items from their showroom and the other three are chosen for you by their stylists. The upside of this is that you can choose any gender or size of clothing in the showroom, which is nice if you have other children or are perhaps looking for a gift. The downside-at least last month-is that the showroom did not have a whole lot to choose from besides sweats and print tees.

Here is the first look:

The pieces were thrown around a little but this is more than likely a result of the shipping/travel of the box.

This onesie was one of my showroom selections. It is by "KicKee Pants", is off white in color and has ruffles on the back. I liked it in the showroom but I absolutely love it in person. It is made of bamboo and is one of the softest items of clothing I have ever felt. I can't wait for A to wear it (I chose items one size up as she has tons of clothes in her current size). (approx. $20)

This " Rabbit Moon by le top" shirt was my second showroom selection. It is pink with light blue sleeves and brown trim and has a Russian nesting doll print on the front. It's a size 12 months which we won't use anytime soon but as I mentioned before there was not a lot to choose from in this months showroom. (approx. $25)

These two tees are from a collaboration Wittlebee has with threadless. I chose the tee on the left. I love penguins and music so it was a good choice for me. The top on the right was one of the stylist chosen items and has an ice cream cone and a doughnut running through a sprinkler of sprinkles. I was not crazy about getting two threadless tees in one box but I think the shirt is adorable so it's not too bad. ($13 each)

This set is my other two pieces from Wittlebee's stylist and is probably my favorite item in the box. It is light blue and very soft. The outfit is plum bunny by Kate Quinn Organics. This is another outfit that I can not wait for A to grow into. (top-$32, pants-$28)

All totaled, this months box had an approximate retail value of $131 which is more than double the price of the box. It is a great value however I am a big consignment and bargain shopper so I do not think I will be continuing this subscription. I love the idea and the value was great but I would never spend that kind of money on clothing, especially with how quickly babies grow from one size to the next.

I would definitely recommend Wittlebee to someone looking for a good value and the convenience of not having to take your infant or toddler to the store to shop.

I am not entirely sure if it is still active but I used the code SAVE50 to get my first box for half price.



P.S.: I am planning on getting out reviews for Little Spark and The Honest Company's diaper bundle and home essentials bundle this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment