Friday, June 14, 2013

Little Spark Review (2-3 months)

Little Spark is a monthly subscription box for babies aged 0-18 months. Each month Little Spark sends you approximately 3 toys and/or books geared towards your child's developmental milestones for their age as well as curriculum cards by child development experts with suggestions on how to use the items. The cost is 34.99 a month to start which includes shipping. The price can get as low as 31.67 a month for an annual subscription. Boxes are shipped via USPS Priority Mail and have the Little Spark logo stamped on it.

For this month I received a box for a 2-3 month old.

First look (and A photo bombing the pic :) )

The monthly theme was "Express Yourself". The information cards look similar to this and include information about each item and some skills you can work on with each one.

(A checking out her new toy)

 The first item was this Sassy Crib and Floor Mirror (19.99 retail, 9.99 amazon.com).
A absolutely loves this! She has a book with a smaller mirror that she "talks" to. This mirror is great as it has high contrast objects attached as well as a true reflection mirror and can be attached to a crib or opened up on the bottom similar to an easel. Little Spark's suggest using this item to encourage a social smile, expanding vocabulary by describing items on the mirror and as a fun addition to the dreaded tummy time. I'm not sure about everyone else but A absolutely hates tummy time.



The second item is this Lamaze High-Contrast Panda Rattle. (5.99 retail, 7.75 amazon.com (?))
The rattle will attract babies with it's high contrast colors and friendly face. It also makes that crinkly sound babies love and has shiny bright red fabric on the opposite side. This item helps practice baby's reflexes. There is also an enclosed nursery rhyme to sing along to. Babies love to hear their parents sing. 


The third item was this Hello, Animals! board book (retail 5.95, amazon.com 5.35)
This book is great for infants as it is black and white and also has bright foil accents on each page. While reading the book to baby you can describe each animal and a little bit about them which helps to expand baby's vocabulary and to build their attention span.


All in all I love the concept of Little Spark. The cost of the items came to 31.93 retail or 23.09 on amazon.com. Yes I could have bought all the items for less than the cost of the box. However, you have to factor in the curriculum which you can't really put a price on and the fact that they ship it to you. I probably also wouldn't have found or thought to buy all of these items but now that I received them I'm happy to have them. 

I definitely plan on keeping this subscription. I forgot to mention earlier that you also get a preview of what next month's theme is. Next month's theme is "Baby Bodybuilding" and I can't wait to see what Little Spark comes up with for that. :)
Jess


* I know I am extremely behind on getting more reviews and posts up. I plan on getting out reviews this next week for Love With Food, the Honest Company bundles and Citrus Lane if it comes (fingers crossed).

I also signed up for KLUTCHclub's Mom box for myself and the Men's box for C but I'm not sure when that's coming. Plum District had a deal-which may still be up-for a 3 month sub for $11 plus $24 shipping. Not a bad deal.


Disclaimer: I paid for this subscription with my own money and was not compensated in any way for this honest review. This post may contain referral links.


No comments:

Post a Comment